Top 10 Coconut Oil Tips
There is a reason why coconut oil is known as the miracle oil by many experts. This is because there are very few beauty issues that this miracle oil cannot solve. It is well-known not only for its anti-oxidants and for anti-bacterial properties but is also known to be great for the skin. It is known to nourish the deeper tissues of the skin, leaving it supple and soft.
In some countries, people apply coconut oil on their body before stepping out in the sun. This is because they believe that this oil protects them from the harmful rays of the sun. The saturated fats in coconut oil keep the moisture content of the skin intact and make it smooth. Coconut oil can also treat eczema as it has several anti-inflammatory components.
So let us look at the top ten ways coconut oil can be applied to get healthy and glowing skin.
- To Moisturize Dry Hands and Legs: If you find that your hands are parched after a few scrubbing of dishes at home, just apply some coconut oil. It instantly moisturizes your hands and keeps them soft and moist. Just keep a jar of virgin coconut oil on your kitchen sink and use it as much as possible. You can even use coconut oil to moisturize hardened and cracked feet, by leaving it on overnight. If your skin is extremely dry, you can sue a mixture of oats and coconut butter to re-hydrate the skin. Just mix two tablespoons of oats with coconut butter and place it in a muslin bag. Then heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds, until it becomes thick. Apply all over the body and watch your skin glow.
- To Highlight Cheekbones– To give your cheeks that natural glow, just dab on a bit of coconut oil and note the difference. It should be applied on top of the make-up to be able to highlight it.
- As a Shaving Cream: Women need not fret about hairy hands or legs as you can apply a bit of coconut oil to your hands and legs and use a razor to shave all the hair off. Moreover, its anti-microbial properties leave your legs and hands completely moisturized and glowing.
- To Condition Hair: Coconut oil is known to be a key ingredient in many different shampoos. This is because coconut oil can penetrate the hair quickly and prevents any protein loss. It is considered better than sunflower and mineral oil, in this regard. You can apply a quarter-size dollop of coconut oil to your hair, comb it and then put a shower cap over your hair and keep it overnight. In the morning, wash it off with a gentle cleanser.
- As a Make-up Remover: You can use coconut oil to remove the waterproof mascara and eyeliner from your eyes. The oil removes all the eye makeup and leaves your eyes hydrated as well. Just mix a bit of coconut oil with rosewater to remove even the toughest makeup. It can also be applied to the eyelashes to help them grow and prevent pigmentation. Coconut oil when applied under the eyes, can help reduce wrinkles.
- As a Body Moisturizer: Virgin Coconut Oil can be applied to the body daily to hydrate the skin and heals wounds. It also helps remove stretch marks on the body. Coconut oil can also be used on the lips as a balm to make it soft and shiny.
- For the Face: Due to its anti-bacterial properties, coconut oil is very effective for the face and even helps reduce age spots. Just massage the coconut oil all over your face and neck in circular motions and rinse with a cleanser. Coconut oil can also be used to counter sunburn and soothe the face. Just beat one egg in a bowl until frothy and then add half a cup of coconut oil and then a tablespoon of honey. Make this mixture as thick as possible and then place it in the freezer overnight. Apply a dab of the mixture in the morning for ten minutes and then wash it off with warm water. You can also use it as a face scrub by mixing it with baking soda. In winters, protect your skin from the harsh cold winds by applying a mixture of honey and coconut oil.
- To Add Shine to Your Hair: Apply a bit of coconut oil to the ends of your hair to enhance its sheen. To prevent premature graying of your hair you can grind a bunch of curry leaves with water to make a paste. Then add two cups of coconut oil to the paste and heat it. Cool the mixture and then store it in an airtight container. Apply it to your hair two-three times a fortnight. You can even remove gum from your hair by dabbing bit of coconut oil.
- As a Body Scrub: You can even use coconut oil as a body scrub by mixing it with sea salt. Another way coconut oil can be used as a body scrub is by mixing it with a half a cup of brown sugar and half a cup of salt. Add a tablespoon of lemon juice and honey and mix the concoction well. Use this mixture two to three times a week for smooth supple skin. It is also known to soothe muscles by mixing with Shea butter, jojoba oil, peppermint oil, lavender oil and beeswax pellets. First, melt the butter, coconut oil and jojoba oil and then add the essential oils to it and store it in a tight container.
- To Remove Acne: Mix coconut oil with nutmeg and then apply it to the pimple or blemish for about 10-15 minutes and then wash it off. If you have warts, just add ¼ cup of coconut oil, 10 drops of essential lemon oil, 10 drops of tea tree essential oil and two drops of thyme oil. Mix it all together and apply it four times every day, for thirty minutes.