How to Clean Your Room Using Coconut Oil
Your kitchen pantry should store a jar of coconut oil at all times. The tropical regions across the globe use it regularly for several purposes – cooking, maintaining oral health, curing ailments, enhancing metabolic rate, etc. Surprisingly, you can use coconut oil in your home for cleaning the household mess. In this article, let’s see how to clean your room using coconut oil.
Research studies have concluded that coconut oil possesses strong anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties that keeps your home away from harmful diseases. Moreover, you can replace the toxic chemical cleaners with coconut oil for greasing and scrubbing activities.
The electrical appliances and metallic tools can be lubricated with the natural lubricant of coconut oil. you can even polish your furniture with coconut oil to add a shining glaze to the items.
Both refined and extra virgin coconut oils are good alternatives because of their versatile properties. The melting point of coconut oil is 76 degrees; based on your room temperature you must use the appropriate state of the oil.
This section of the article highlights on the various uses of coconut oil for cleaning household items.
- Remove Crayon Marks: Do not worry if your kid draw with wax crayons on the walls, furniture items, floors, or any other surface at your home because you can clean the crayon marks using Coconut Oil.
Dip a sponge in coconut oil and clean the area to remove the wax crayon marks. You can use white vinegar to rinse the excess oil on a porous surface.
- Avoid Damage Due to Dust: You do not have to use your feather duster anymore, because now you can avoid dust from accumulating on your bookshelves, ceiling fans, or other difficult spots at home by applying a thin layer of coconut oil on the objects.
- Clean Make-up Brushes: Detangle your hairbrush and clean your makeup brush using coconut oil. Take one of coconut oil in its liquid state. Put the soiled brushes in the coconut oil and allow the brushes to soak the oil for few hours.
Take out the brushes and wipe the remaining oil using a towel. Rinse the brushes using lukewarm water. You can use the brushes once they are completely dry.
- Remove Sticky Gum: Your work is distorted when a chewing gum sticks to your hair, or the carpet, or the floor. Now you can easily remove the sticky gum with the help of coconut oil.
Apply few drops of coconut oil on the affected area and allow the surface to soak the oil for at least 30 minutes. The oil will help in eradicating the sticky properties of the gum.
- Add Luster to the Leaves: If you are interested in maintaining the plants in your garden, you can revamp the shiny appearance of the plants’ leaves by using coconut oil.
Dab few drops of the oil on a cloth and rub the surface of the leaves with the cloth. Avoid applying oil on the underside of the leaves as it may block the pores and disrupt the process of photosynthesis.
- Bar Soap: Prepare a luxury bath soap using coconut oil instead of toxic chemicals.
- Remove Soap Scum: Dab few drops of coconut oil on a rag cloth. Use the cloth to remove soap scum present on the corners of your bathtub. You may also put baking soda to prepare a strong scum scrub.
Do not flush the coconut oil through the drainage pipe because it may clog the pipes once it becomes solid.
Clean Your Kitchen with Coconut Oil
- Lubricate Your Cast Iron Tools: Prepare the oven by heating it up to a temperature of 400 degrees. Coat the oven pan with little coconut oil. place the oven dish on the middle rack. Place a cookie-baking sheet below the oven tray to soak the oil dripping. Bake for at least an hour.
You must use coconut oil as your cooking medium to season the cooking pans. Additionally, you may apply one-teaspoon coconut oil around the cooking pans after washing them.
- Wooden Chopping Boards: In order to maintain and sanitize your wooden chopping boards you must rub them with few drops of coconut oil and keep aside for more than ten minutes. this technique must be adopted once in a month.
- Jar Labels: The chemical label removers contain harmful toxins. Hence, you must use a combination of baking soda with coconut oil and apply on the jars to discard its labels. Allow the mixture to set for thirty minutes. Remove the residue by scraping it off. Rinse with hot water to sanitize the jar.
- Rust Remover: Coconut oil helps in the prevention of rust forming on metallic household items under humid weather. Dab a soft cloth in coconut oil and rub your scissors, knives, and other metallic household items.
Allow the metal items to soak the oil for 45 minutes to an hour. Rinse the metal objects using warm water.
Coconut oil contains several lubricating properties that help you clear the mess from your home.
- Hinges: If the hinge of your door or window is producing a squeaky noise, it requires lubrication immediately. Remove the central pin of that hinge, clean it, apply few drops of coconut oil, and realign the pin on the door or window.
- Zipper: If your zipper has got stuck, apply little coconut oil with cotton swab on the teeth of the zipper. Avoid the oil from reaching the fabric.
- Scissors: With continuous and regular use, the scissor blades may become stiff. Apply little oil on the hinges of the scissors and let it soak the oil for few minutes. Use a cloth to wipe excess oil.
Guitar strings: Put few drops of coconut oil on a cloth and coat each string of your guitar with the oil. Keep the strings aside for few minutes. when you play the guitar each time, you must repeat this process to clean the guitar strings.
Now, you know how to clean your room using coconut oil. What are you waiting for? Let’s start cleaning…
More About : Coconut Oil Benefits, Coconut Oil Uses, Coconut Milk Recipes, Coconut Milk Benefits, Coconut Health Benefits, Coconut Oil Recipes, Coconut Recipes, Coconut Benefits, Thai Coconut, Young Coconut