3 Beautiful Edible Flowers You Can Grow At Home - March 28, 2016
Don’t Try These Organic Herbs without Reading This First - March 20, 2016
Top 5 Nutritional Supplements to Improve ADD/ADHD in Adults - March 18, 2016
How to Get Rid Of Muscle Cramps and Spasms The Organic Way - March 16, 2016
5 Amazing Organic Foods That Are Better Than Supplements - March 15, 2016
Elderberry Benefits: Why Millions Use Them For Better Winter Health - March 14, 2016
Endometriosis: How to Combat This Serious Condition with Diet - March 11, 2016
How to Get Rid of Winter Blues For Good With Organic Foods - March 10, 2016
Chapped Lips: The Ugly Truth About Lip Balm Addiction - March 8, 2016
At Last, the Secret,Natural Remedies To Common Cold Is Revealed - March 7, 2016
Coconut Oil Uses: Amazing Uses In Kitchen (Hint: Not Cooking)
Coconut oil uses are numerous. It’s regarded as a natural super food because it contains essential fatty acids such as lauric acid, capric acid, and caprylic acid.
These fatty acids possess antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal properties that promote various health benefits.
However, you will be surprised to know that a jar of coconut oil is a major component in the storeroom along with other home cleaners. You can use it as a disinfectant and even polish your wooden furniture to restore its glaze.
Coconut Oil Uses: Commercial Home Cleaners
Commercial cleaners contain harmful toxins that may affect your respiratory system. Some home cleaners contain chemicals that may lead to cancer, such as chloroform or formaldehyde.
In addition, there are environmental concerns, which are forcing people to find natural alternatives to chemical products that can be used to keep their home clean and provide a germ-free and disease-resistant environment.
Alternatives from Mother Nature
Several eco-friendly home cleaners are available in the supermarkets or local shops. Unfortunately, even those household cleaners contain toxic ingredients which may harm your breathing system.
There is no need to worry because you have a great alternative to the harmful toxins in the form of coconut oil. Other inexpensive and natural cleaning substances such as white vinegar, salt, lemon juice, and baking soda can come to your rescue.
Benefits of Coconut Oil
The essential fatty acids or medium chain triglycerides present in coconut oil help fight influenza viruses, bacteria etc. Moreover, the oil does not get stored in the fat cells and is absorbed easily by the body cells. Hence, regular consumption of coconut oil improves the overall immunity level of an individual.
It improves the digestive system and reduces inflammation. The gastric juices combine with the fatty acids of coconut oil in order to break food into small molecules and convert into energy quickly.
Moreover, easy and quick absorption of coconut oil puts less pressure on the pancreas and avoids the risk of develop gastrointestinal disorders.
Along with the several health benefits of coconut oil this natural super food, the fruit of the ‘Tree of Life’ is a good cleaner for your household items.
Coconut Oil Uses: In Kitchen
This section of the article highlights about ten of the important ways you can use coconut oil to maintain a clean and fresh environment at your home.
- Cooking: Nowadays, people are concerned about their dietary patterns because of their sedentary lifestyle and the hectic schedules. In order to maintain a balanced nutritional level every day, you can use coconut oil as the cooking medium instead of vegetable oil.
- Remove Rust: You can remove rust from your stainless steel spoons, metal knives, scissors, artifacts, and other metallic ornamental pieces using coconut oil. Take a bowl of coconut oil. Dip a washcloth in the bowl. Rub the cloth on the rusted surfaces. Rinse the objects using warm water after a period of 45 minutes or one hour.
- Seasoning Metal Pans: Apply a thin layer of coconut oil on your pan made of cast iron. Place the pan into your cold oven; heat the oven at 300 degrees. Keep the pan inside the heated oven for half an hour. Turn off the oven. Allow the pan to cool.
- Eliminate Foul odor: You can prepare a natural deodorant at your home using coconut oil. You need coconut oil (6 tbsps), baking soda (1/4 cup), and cornstarch (1/4 cup) for preparing this recipe.
Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients with the help of a fork. You can store the deodorant in glass jar. Coconut oil has a shelf life of two years when it is stored in a glass jar.
- Polish Your Furniture: You can restore the glaze of your shining furniture by using coconut oil. Mix coconut oil (1/4 cup), white vinegar (4 tbsp, distilled), and lemon juice (2 tbsp) in a bowl; stir well to make a smooth blend.
Pour the mixture into a spray bottle. Shake well. Spray the mixture on the faded portions of your furniture. Wipe off the excess oil using a cloth. You must test the mixture on a small part of the furniture first.
Coconut Oil Uses: Stain Remover
- Remove Tough Stains: Combine 1 tablespoon of coconut oil with 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl. Apply the mixture with a paintbrush on the stains present on your carpet and other items of upholstery. Allow the carpet to soak the oil for some minutes; wipe off the excess oil.
- Tupperware Stains: Apply a thin coat of coconut oil on the stains present on your Tupperware containers. Allow the containers to absorb the oil for few minutes. Rinse the container with warm water.
Coconut oil avoids the stains developed due to the acidic food items.
- Oil Pulling: You can maintain healthy, clean and white teeth if you practice the technique of oil pulling with coconut oil. Every morning after waking up, you must swirl one tablespoon of coconut oil around your mouth for at least 10 minutes with a maximum time limit of 20 minutes. Spit the oil out of the mouth to remove the harmful bacteria and other toxins from the mouth.
- Detangle Your Hair: The pollutants in the air and water damage the quality of your hair. Hence, you can maintain smooth hair by cleaning it with coconut oil. You must apply coconut oil on your hair the night before you want to wash them. You must cover the oiled hair with a shower cap and allow the oil to penetrate dep into the roots of your hair overnight. Use a shampoo to rinse your hair but do not use a conditioner.
Radiant Skin: When you travel on a dusty road, the pores of your skin are affected by the dirt particles and other microbes. Hence, to disinfect your skin and remove the harmful dirt particles you must use coconut oil as a face cleanser. You can also prepare a body scrub using coconut oil, essential oils and Epsom salts.
As we have seen in this article, coconut oil uses are plenty. Let’s use it in our daily life and improve our health and quality of our lives.
More About : Coconut Oil Benefits, Coconut Milk Recipes, Coconut Milk Benefits, Coconut Health Benefits, Coconut Oil Recipes, Coconut Recipes, Coconut Benefits, Thai Coconut, Young Coconut